Technology, Privacy and Security Law

View Only

New Technology, Privacy and Security Section and upcoming ethics webinars.

• 1.  New Technology, Privacy and Security Section and upcoming ethics webinars.

Posted 10-25-2022 14:11

Dear Technology, Privacy, and Security Section:

In October of 2022, the NSBA established a new Section on Technology, Privacy and Security. We are excited about the opportunity to support this new Section. The inaugural section meeting is being scheduled for the week of November 14 - I will be able to send a formal save the date with the finalized information on Monday. We are still soliciting nominations for Secretary, Treasurer, and four at-large members of the executive committee. If you are interested in these positions or would like to hear more, please email me directly. 

You were pre-emptively added to this Section because you have indicated an interest in this content in the past. If you are new to using online communities, here are a few quick videos. If we have made a mistake and you would like to be removed from the community, please send me an email directly.

As a way of kicking off the new Section, Bob Kardell has organized three, one-hour ethics webinars on Cybersecurity. We hope you will join us:

Monday, November 7th from 12:00 to 1:00

CYBERSECURITY FOR ATTORNEYS: IMPLEMENTING CYBERSECURITY POLICIES

In the first of the series of Cybersecurity for Attorneys, we will discuss the implementation of the cyber polices. The steps will include an identification of assets and threats and vulnerabilities to those assets; the types of policy standards; enumerating security steps; and final draft and implementation of the cybersecurity policies. Register here!

Monday, November 14th from 12:00 to 1:00

CYBERSECURITY FOR ATTORNEYS: MAINTAINING GOOD CYBERSECURITY HYGIENE

In the second presentation of the series of Cybersecurity for Attorneys, we will the continuation and maintenance of good cybersecurity hygiene after the policies have been implemented.  The discussion will include ingoing monitoring, training, practical affordable and easy steps to protect your assets and information. Register here!

Monday, November 21st from 12:00 to 1:00

CYBERSECURITY FOR ATTORNEYS: DRAFTING AND MAINTAINING AN INCIDENT RESPONSE PLAN

In the third presentation of the series of Cybersecurity for Attorneys, we will discuss planning for response to a cybersecurity incident. The discussion will include the drafting, implementation, and maintenance of an incident response plan. We will also discuss the planning for the response to a breach. The final discussion will include elements of the prior presentations with an emphasis on using the plan for a small table-top exercise. Register here!

I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
    Bri Petersen

------------------------------
    Bri Petersen
    Section Facilitator and Publications Coordinator
    Nebraska State Bar Association
    Lincoln, NE
    402-742-8126 bpetersen@nebar.com
    ------------------------------