Technology, Privacy and Security Law

View Only

CORRECTION: April 20 Third Thursday - Your Brain is a Terrible Master: Managing a Growing Caselist

• 1.  CORRECTION: April 20 Third Thursday - Your Brain is a Terrible Master: Managing a Growing Caselist

Posted 04-07-2023 09:00

Hi all,

I mistakenly forgot to update the subject line when I sent out the below communication yesterday, my apologies. April's Third Thursday topic is Your Brain is a Terrible Master: Managing a Growing Caselist. CLE rates apply for this presentation as follows:

$65/credit hour – Regular Registration

$50/credit hour – NSBA Sustaining Member

$25/credit hour – NSBA Sustaining Member Junior Actives

Free – Law students and YLS Section Members

Dear section members,

Please mark your calendars and join us on April 20, 2023 from 12-1pm CT, for a virtual event presented by Rick Jeffries of Cline Williams Wright Johnson & Oldfather, LLP! This CLE is approved for 1.0 CLE hours in both Nebraska (Distance Learning) and Iowa (Live Webcast), including 0.5 ethics hours in both Iowa and Nebraska. This webinar will be held on GoToWebinar (not zoom!), please register here, I look forward to seeing you there!

Your Brain is a Terrible Master: Managing a Growing Caselist
    featuring Rick Jeffries, Cline Williams Wright Johnson & Oldfather, LLP

Anxiety, stress, and other emotional health issues are risks for young lawyers as they navigate a rapidly expanding workload. This presentation will present strategies to keep tabs on growing client loads and expanding responsibilities as lawyers progress in their careers. Whether you prefer a spiral notebook or a spreadsheet, with a few basic disciplines you can keep a clean desk, maintain an orderly calendar, and establish a clear boundary between work and life, secure in the knowledge that everything is accounted for.

Rick Jeffries is a partner in, and general counsel to, Cline Williams Wright Johnson & Oldfather, LLP. He has nearly 30 years of experience as a commercial trial lawyer, and offers an advisory practice in technology, information security and privacy. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/US, as sanctioned by the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Rick has a special place in his heart for lawyers who are overwhelmed and anxious about their practices. He is married, the father of two former Little League All-Stars, a devoted fan of UNO Maverick Athletics, and he set four state powerlifting records.

I hope to see you there!
    Bri

Bri Petersen, MA (she/her)
    Section Facilitator and Publications Director

Nebraska State Bar Association

635 S 14th St. #200 | Lincoln NE 68508

(402) 475-7091 x 108; Fax: (402) 475-7098
    Direct Line: (402) 742-8126

facebook-32twitter-32linkedin-32

NSBA Logo