City Attorneys

View Only
  • 1.  Village Fund Raising

Posted 03-14-2024 18:44

I have a small village who like to fund raise by selling raffle tickets to win donated merchandise.  They want to place the proceeds into their general funds and use them for some specific projects.  I am aware that non-profits or fire departments can do this and that a license may be required but I have never come across a municipality doing this.  Does anyone have any insight on whether it would be permissible for a village to sell raffle tickets?  Thanks in advance. 

Thomas David Prickett

Attorney at Law

Reinsch, Slattery, Bear, Minahan and Prickett, P.C., L.L.O.

545 Main Street

P.O. Box 489

Plattsmouth, Nebraska 68048

402-296-6996

This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, and may be legally privileged. This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) you are notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at either the email address  or telephone number above and delete this email from your computer.  Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege.